Tuesday, February 14, 2006

FEBRUARY 14, 2006; PRAYERS ANSWERED FOR HAWK TO ENJOY HIS MAKE A WISH TRIP TO FLORIDA

All of our prayers were answered for Hawk to be able to enjoy his Make A Wish trip to Florida. Hawk had a lot of energy and was always ready to do more, even if the adults were dragging. Each morning he woke up early with the question of "What are we going to do today?" I will be writing about the trip in a very days. I thought that I would have time in Florida to be able to write each day. Was I ever wrong.

We got back home about 8:30 PM Monday night, 2/13/06. We thank the Lord for a wonderful trip that made Hawk so happy.

Tuesday morning I called Gayle Hooper, Director of the Learning Center and the primary mover of the Extreme Home Make Over, about what I needed to do with "Hawk's New Home". I was ready to get my hands dirty and do some work. She politely informed me that neither Lindy nor any of the family were allowed to be at the house until Wednesday evening at 5 PM. Carpet was being laid today and a number of volunteers were going to work on the house this evening to be have it as finished as possible before we saw it. We have honored her request, even though it has almost killed us.

SPECIAL REQUEST: I met a lady at breakfast at Give Kids the World on Monday, 2/13/06. She informed me that her daughter also had the same brain stem tumor as Hawk. She had been diagnosed with the cancer in March of 2005. Her daughter was doing well after almost a year. I got her email address but I misplaced it in the process of packing and traveling back to TN. My email address is mcpeaktn@aol.com. I would appreciate an email if you read this email. I'm anxious to exchange information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home